The Wizbiotech rapid nasal antigen test will detect the presence of antigens of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes Covid 19. It is a rapid chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV2 antigens.
This nasal self-diagnosis test is simple and effective from a small sample of nasal fluids.
Important: Sensitivity: 89.26% – Specificity: 100.0% – Positive predictive value: 100% – Negative predictive value 99.56%. General percentage agreement 99.65%
Who is the antigen test indicated for?
If you suspect that you have symptoms compatible with Covid-19 we recommend that you perform the rapid self-diagnosis test during the 7 days after the appearance of the first symptoms.
Children under the age of 14 must use the test under the supervision of an adult.
How is the nasal antigen test performed?Sample collection:
- Before taking the sample, blow your nose several times and wash your hands.
- Insert a sterile swab into the nostril (at least 2.5 cm deep) and rotate it 3-4 times throughout the nasal mucosa.
- Rub on the surface of the nasopharynx.
- Repeat the previous step in the other nostril.
- Place the tube in a safe place and add approximately 350 mcl extraction buffer to the extraction tube.
- Insert the swab with the extracted sample into the extraction tube, and turn it 3-5 times by pressing the head against the inside of the tube to release the antigen from the swab.
- Leave the swab inside the extraction tube for 1 minute.
- Remove the swab carefully by pressing the tube with your fingers.
- Place the dropper plug in the extraction tube.
- Place the cassette in a suitable place and pour 3 drops of the sample into the sample well (S) by lightly pressing the extraction tube.
- Wait for the results.
Interpret the results of the antigen test
After the test is performed, wait between 15 and 20 minutes. The following indications will appear on the cassette:
- Positive: if two colored lines appear, one in the control area (C) and one in the test area (T), the result is valid and positive. Keep in mind that a positive result does not rule out a co-infection with other pathogens.
- Negative: If a color line appears in the control area (C) but no color line is observed in the test area (T), the test is valid and negative. Please note that a negative result does not exclude a SARS-CoV-2 viral infection and. in case of suspected COVID-19, the result must be confirmed by molecular diagnostic methods (consult your doctor or health center).
- Invalid: if no color line appears in the control area (C), the test is invalid and you must repeat the test with another test cassette.
What does the antigen self-test include?
- 1 Test cassette.
- 1 Sterile swab.
- 1 extraction buffer.
- 1 Package leaflet.
- 1 Biosecurity bag.
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.